A couple of days ago, as I was cleaning out the desk in my home office, I came across a handful of unscratched lottery tickets. I was all like, “Whoa! Cool! Today just might be my lucky day!” So I immediately threw my hand deep into my pocket in search of a coin to get my scratch on. I found a shiny nickel, so I started scratching the ticket. I was a man on a mission; I had dollar signs in my eyes.
Did I win the big bucks?!
I sure did! I won a cool thousand dollars!
Haha! Just kidding!
I didn’t win a single cent. But it was still fun to daydream while I saw scratching. Daydreamin’ about what I would purchase with my winnings in the event that my scratched lottery tickets revealed a jackpot or two. With that cash, maybe a would buy a new car? Or a new computer? Or how about a boatload of new speech therapy materials?
Yes, a boatload of new materials would rock!
And with visions of new speech therapy materials tap dancing around in my mind, I said to myself, “Wouldn’t it be amazing if there were scratch off lottery tickets that were specifically for speech-language pathologists?!” That sure would be the coolest! Like, instead of the prize being a miscellaneous amount of money, the winnings could be something that related to the world of SLP. Here are a few SLP scratch off lotto ticket jackpots that I think could totally make us SLPs cheer:
- Win 10 “get out of after school meeting” passes. YES PLEASE!
- Win a magic wand that could “magically fix” any /R/ kiddo. AND I MEAN ANY /R/ KIDDO!
- Win 50 “get out of lunch duty, bus duty, whatever duty” passes. SO GOOD!
- Win a magic iPad would never run out of battery. Because there just ain’t nothin’ more annoying than an iPad that is all outta juice. AM I RIGHT?!
- Win a “cut your caseload in half” card. HALLELUJAH!
- Win a “cut your current number of referrals in half” card. I’LL TAKE IT!
- Win a “cancel a week of standardized testing because it really messes up your schedule” card. SWEET!
- Win 5 relaxing Friday nights all to yourself that are free from report writing. SCORE!
- Win 10 “guaranteed IEP meetings where the parent actually shows up” cards. YAHOO!
- Win a “you’re not allowed to make me travel to 5 schools anymore” card. PHEW!
In closing . . .
Think about it, the SLP lottery. Sounds like Heaven. Sign me up! If anyone knows how to get something like this started, feel free to contact me because I want in. LOL!
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.